REQ: Yamaha p/n VU859100 cross reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REQ: Yamaha p/n VU859100 cross reference

I was given a Yamaha EMX66m with the power switch removed. The service manual has the part number as VU859100 for the switch and VU859000 for the button.
    I would like to add a suitable replacement to an order I'm preparing for Mouser. Can anyone help me with a cross reference or parts specs? I think it is a commonly used on/off switch in Yamaha box style mixers.

Thanks!
    RM

Well give us a photo, so we can see what we are looking for.

I am sure Yamaha did not have a switch custom made. So it is indeed likely a commercial switch available elsewhere.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Forgive my poor choice of words: instead of saying “switch removed” I should have said “switch missing”. I will see if I can crop an image from the parts list.

Comment

The part # you listed as the switch is just the escutcheon. The switch is sold as a "board", part number AAX32930 (shown as 30d on rear panel assy. pg.57 of manual).
        The generic number they call out on the schematic for the switch is SDDFA3107U-YL, if that means anything to anybody.

Click image for larger version

Name:	em66pwrsw.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	847717
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks, g1. Although the EMX66M has the switch on the front, the part 30d does look familiar. I was not looking for it to be pcb mount. Probably some proprietary bs that I will have get from Yamaha.

I once had a bomber jacket called g1

Comment

Yah, it's real awkward how they show it. Note that in that picture, the switch is pointing toward the front, as opposed to the AC receptacle shown facing the back.

This diagram (pg.55) of the front panel assy. shows the button, escutcheon, and switch, all separate, but does not denote the switch part #.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	em66frtpanel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	847721
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

The board with a switch on it as an assembly would indeed be proprietary. But all you need is an on/off switch you can mount in the position. The board part is irrelevant. If you had the original cap for the switch, we could worry about a switch to fit it, but if even the button cap is gone, you can mount about anything there.

Of course if you find the exact stuff, great, use them.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Now that I've had the time to look it over I see that it will need the power circuit board 4/4 as well as the button. Does anyone know where to get Yamaha pro audio parts?

Comment

If you want the exact parts, I think you can get them directly from Yamaha online. Do you need the escutcheon as well?
                  https://usa.yamaha.com/support/parts_manuals/index.html

Otherwise, there is nothing to the board, just a connector, and a small cap across the switch (pg.32 of svce.man.). If you use a generic switch that matches the screw holes, you can just hardwire it to the harness that plugs into the board connector.

Comment

Working...
                  X