Jordan solid state amplifier company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan solid state amplifier company

Does anyone have any info on the history of Jordan amplifiers? Hear of them? Date of company origination?

They were a California company best known for the BossTone fuzz.

In the late 60's some of the endorsers were The Turtles, The Doors, Mamas and the Papas, etc.

Later were bought by Rheem (the water heater company) and went out of production in the early 70's. Sometime in the early 80's (I think) someone revived the name and imported practice amps and FX pedals.

Comment

I had an impression that they were initially an electronics manufacturing facility and that their hit product were cheap radiation meters for domestic use (it was Cold War during then). They were eventually purchased by Victoreen Instrument Co. and became divisions of that company.

In the 1960's they switched to making fuzz pedals and amplifiers (maybe they had more demand than radiation meters did in those days). After that I don't really know what happened but rumours say that most of the key employees, such as the company's president and its chief engineer, were hired by Rickenbacker.

Comment

Working...
      X