• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	FE58595C-B3FD-4720-9DCA-7AF5AC805F41.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	849374

It turns out this is very close to the original body shape.The BJA/USA Jr wasn’t even close. I’m deciding whether to trim the top off of the pickguard or trim the extra length of rosewood off of the end of the fret board that sticks into the body to be more historically accurate. (The modern retro’s stick into the body) This is the Gibson Vintage/Historic template that I trimmed a 1/4” off of. Btw.. I’ve gigged with it already... Worked great. Stayed in tune. Intonation was fine. Great sustain. A real grinder. It’s a tiny bit neck heavy with a thin strap. I’m going to make a 1/4” steel control cavity cover to balance it a bit better.
    Last edited by olddawg; 04-22-2018, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]48584[/ATTACH]

It turns out this is very close to the original body shape.The BJA/USA Jr wasn’t even close. I’m deciding whether to trim the top off of the pickguard or trim the extra length of rosewood off of the end of the fret board that sticks into the body to be more historically accurate. (The modern retro’s stick into the body) This is the Gibson Vintage/Historic template that I trimmed a 1/4” off of. Btw.. I’ve gigged with it already... Worked great. Stayed in tune. Intonation was fine. Great sustain. A real grinder. It’s a tiny bit neck heavy with a thin strap. I’m going to make a 1/4” steel control cavity cover to balance it a bit better.
      Here's an in-line image of your very nice looking guitar...

Steve A.

P.S. You probably already told us this but what P-90 did you use?

Name:	FE58595C-B3FD-4720-9DCA-7AF5AC805F41.jpg
Size:	304.8 KB
ID:	849389
      The Blue Guitar
      www.blueguitar.org
      Some recordings:
      https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
        Something weird is going on with this thread. It won’t advance to the next page.
        When that happens check the address in the URL bar... if it refers to a specific post@ sometimes it will not advance past that post and/or page. If you edit the URL to read .../t46014-new/@@ it will always go to the last page of the thread.
        Code:
        @
        http://music-electronics-forum.com/t46014-2/#post493820

@@
        http://music-electronics-forum.com/t46014-new/
        HTH

Steve A.
        The Blue Guitar
        www.blueguitar.org
        Some recordings:

Comment

Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
          Here's an in-line image of your very nice looking guitar...

Steve A.

P.S. You probably already told us this but what P-90 did you use?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48603[/ATTACH]
          The P90 pickup is a slightly overwound Stewmac "Antiquity". I used their dog ear cover and mounting plate too. Looks just like the original. I actually had the pickup in another guitar. It's quieter in this guitar. May be from that steel (and grounded) mounting plate since the other guitar I had it as a soap bar just screwed to the body. Might be because of the fresh bridge ground with oversized solid copper wire.

Comment

And btw Steve... the way I mounted that bridge is exactly how Faber is building their "locking" wrap around bridge. Except it isn't $14 and free shipping

Comment

I had to order my replica headstock water slide from Etsy in Argentina. I was going to paint the whole thing white like my original one. But the wood looks so good that I may just spray the face of the headstock black, apply the decal, and spray a lacquer clear coat on everything. I would recommend this Eden body and neck set. The quality is great. But you do need some skills to make it right.

Comment

Name:	IMG_7309.JPG
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	849398Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7310.JPG
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	849399

Last parts on order...

Comment

Name:	IMG_7321.JPG
Size:	756.1 KB
ID:	849457Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7320.JPG
Size:	410.2 KB
ID:	849458

My 59 replica pickguard arrived. For any of you thinking of getting one of these Eden neck and body sets.... at least for the body shape and headstock, it's an exact copy of the original. This pickguard was templated from an original. So I'm going to take a little time and trim the rosewood at the end of the fret board back a bit so it will fit perfectly. Once my headstock decal arrives it should be a "fairly" accurate replica.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
                    When that happens check the address in the URL bar... if it refers to a specific post@ sometimes it will not advance past that post and/or page. If you edit the URL to read .../t46014-new/@@ it will always go to the last page of the thread.
                    Code:
                    @
                    http://music-electronics-forum.com/t46014-2/#post493820

@@
                    http://music-electronics-forum.com/t46014-new/
                    HTH

Steve A.
                    I have no idea how to do this with my iPhone 5, lol!

Comment

Name:	IMG_7329.JPG
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	849495
                      When you don't want to buy $60 fret saw to trim the end of a fretboard or trim your expensive replica nitrocellulose pickguard....

Comment

Name:	IMG_7331.JPG
Size:	734.0 KB
ID:	849496
                        Finally.. the way it should be. And I didn't dick it up despite my rock and hammer methods. Amazing what you can do with a hacksaw blade, some blue tape, and a cut up cookie can.

Comment

Name:	C88D302B-A84A-44CD-AA13-264571BD7013.jpeg
Size:	664.5 KB
ID:	849507

Ready to paint the headstock black and apply the water slide when it comes. But I’m playing it at the club Saturday night.

Comment

Got my reproduction headstock waterslide decals today. I had to order them from E-Kraft in Argentina. They cost $18 including shipping. I used PayPal and it only took 6 days to get to me. It was kind of a pain to find though. You can get any reproduction Fender headstock decal on eBay, but they have gotten funny about Gibson.

Name:	IMG_7344.JPG
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	849517

Comment

Here’s what this beast sounds like... still haven’t got around to putting the water slide on the headstock. At a walk on Tuesday night jam at the American Legion a block from the beach. It’s very Leslie Westish...
                              https://www.facebook.com/87577292910...0816325937334/

Name:	00B5B408-469A-4FE0-A3E9-31B5B8A20903.jpeg
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	850038
                              Last edited by olddawg; 07-01-2018, 03:15 AM.

Comment

So how much was the kit again? If you build it yourself you can be sure it was built right!

Sounds great!

Steve A.
                                The Blue Guitar
                                www.blueguitar.org
                                Some recordings:

Comment

Working...
                                X