No announcement yet.

Roland XP-10 Multitimbral Synthesizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks more to me like a processor IC of some sort, note the crystal next to it for clocking. ROMs won;t generally have that. But that is just my guess.

I doubt Roland will have any idea what was done to make this mod, but Roland USA would probably have the service manual for the original instrument, they will want money for it. You may or may not find the schematics online.

As to the mod itself, why not track down GRBIC and ask if they still have any knowledge of it.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the IC tip. I'm hoping the keys will work if I get ahold of that part, it looks pretty intact otherwise. I did a lot of googling for GRBIC but no results, not even sure what country they would be in or if they still exist.

Comment

is there any way someone could e-mail me the service manual or give me a little info.. i just got ahold of one of these and would like to use it as my beginning synth to start producing but it wont turn on. i opened it up to check it out as i am a computer technician that does some board level engineering and it appears that cap c114 blew into a ton of pieces. With the way it blew i cannot see what the specs for the cap are. So if anyone can tell me the voltage and uF rating it would be greatly appriciated

Comment

Originally posted by itfloater View Post
          is there any way someone could e-mail me the service manual or give me a little info.. i just got ahold of one of these and would like to use it as my beginning synth to start producing but it wont turn on. i opened it up to check it out as i am a computer technician that does some board level engineering and it appears that cap c114 blew into a ton of pieces. With the way it blew i cannot see what the specs for the cap are. So if anyone can tell me the voltage and uF rating it would be greatly appriciated

C114 is used in outputs mute circuitry and it is 100uF / 10V.

Probably unsuitable power adapter (instead of 9VDC) was applied
          and this may cause lot of problems besides capacitor explosion.

Firstly, after capacitor replacement, check voltages at C115
          (it should be equal 9V) and at C123 (it should be equal 5V).

Comment

Hi thank you I'm done using your tips. my xp-10 all right but some plying keys are mix in other keys so where the problem please help me

Comment

XP-10
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sugeda View Post
                XP-10
                sugeda Click image for larger version  Name:	thanx.gif Views:	180 Size:	1.7 KB ID:	916285
                It's All Over Now

Comment

Working...
                X