No announcement yet.

SF Twin Reverb (UL).. few Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's always the possibility it was a coincidence. Something else was happening, not as a result of the speaker being used but simultaneously. Like that scene in All of Me where the guru thinks flushing the toilet makes the phone ring.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

For me it's not flushing the toilet that makes the phone ring ... it's sitting on the toilet that makes the phone ring. Or getting into the shower ... or starting to solder something in a tight space ...

It's annoying but I try not to worry about it -- most of the time my phone ringing is caused by a telemarketer who I'd rather not talk to. If it's anyone who is important they will call back.
      "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Originally posted by bob p View Post
        For me it's not flushing the toilet that makes the phone ring ... it's sitting on the toilet that makes the phone ring. Or getting into the shower ... or starting to solder something in a tight space ...

It's annoying but I try not to worry about it -- most of the time my phone ringing is caused by a telemarketer who I'd rather not talk to. If it's anyone who is important they will call back.
        Stepping outdoors makes my phone ring. Soon as I'm out of earshot of the bell, someone calls, guaranteed. Often a customer who won't leave a message because they're worried it will bother me...

Like you bob when I'm otherwise occupied inside the house, the caller is inevitably that nitwit who claims he's "with the police" begging for a cash donation, or dingaling claiming he's Microsoft and my computer is infected and "needs fix," or the subcontinental scammer who says he's IRS and wants me to buy I-tunes cards to settle my tax debt or I'll be arrested. People in need of summary execution in other words.
        This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I always mess with the guys that call to tell me my poot is infected. Usually it's someone with a thick Indian accent. I say things like "Oh no! Really? Ok, what should I do?" I fuss around like I'm looking for my password and start a conversation about some weirdness. "You know, I think it's in the other room, but my dog scares me. He doesn't see very well and sometimes he'll try to bite me if I go in there!" Insert more obtuse answers to whatever transpires next. Sometimes getting back around to the dog and maybe how bad he smells. Then I'll start calling them "lentil man" eventually they'll ask why and I explain that it's "Because you remind me of a small bean". I'm usually speaking in my best faux Indian accent by this time. Having morphed into it slowly. Then I'll ask them "Why are you like a small bean?" (Full goof ball Indian accent now)... etc. They often figure out I'm dicking with them early on, but not always.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

If your poot is infected, I don't know, I might think I'd go see a doctor about that...

Okay, maybe we should at least try to aim in the general direction of the target now...

Justin
            "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
            "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
            "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Just to be clear...

poot = computer

All my other infections have been seen (and verified) by the appropriate medical authorities

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                There's always the possibility it was a coincidence. Something else was happening, not as a result of the speaker being used but simultaneously. Like that scene in All of Me where the guru thinks flushing the toilet makes the phone ring.
                Understood! twin rev amp's on its way back now.. so will just throw bits together & fingers x'd it was an oddity. thx chaops

Comment

Working...
                X