Help identify a National Electronics 6l6 tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identify a National Electronics 6l6 tube

Hi, I was given some tubes from a friend and need to find out more about these tubes. I read that National Electronics was just a company that rebranded items. So I was wondering what "actual" company made these 6l6gc tubes and where were they made?

I have tired them out in my amp and they sound ok, way more treble then my black plates. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks , gerard
    Attached Files

National tubes

I bought a set of National 6L6 tubes years ago from Allied Electronics.
    Try as I might to find out anything on National, I could not.
    I did find a wholesale price sheet that showed the 6L6 tubes at $5.00 a tube.
    (I am thinking 1996).

Comment

Russian. 6something. Not particularly well regarded (but might still sound good anyway, possibly). Something equivalent to a 6L6GA or 6L6GB as far as I know. Could have all sorts of brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerard View Post
        Hi, I was given some tubes from a friend and need to find out more about these tubes. I read that National Electronics was just a company that rebranded items. So I was wondering what "actual" company made these 6l6gc tubes and where were they made?

I have tired them out in my amp and they sound ok, way more treble then my black plates. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks , gerard
        Reflektor, I think. Not bad tubes, inexpensive and downmarket. I bought a box full of them from a guy in the Ukraine a number of years ago and I got some good ones.

Comment

I read that National Electronics was just a company that rebranded items.
          National Electronics is a division of Richardson Electronics. They are basically a distributor of cheap tubes purchased in bulk. Some can be quite good.

So I was wondering what "actual" company made these 6l6gc tubes and where were they made?
          As other contributors have noted, they are rebranded Russian 6n3C (6Pi3S in Roman).

Specs are close to 6L6-GB's but *not* to 6L6-GC's when it comes to max. plate voltage (375 V vs. 500 V) and plate/screen dissipation (20/2.75 W vs. 30/5 W). Most are made at Reflektor Saratov (the Sovtek/EH/.. factory).

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I will have to watch these tubes , as I am running 426 volts on the plate. After closer inspection of the russian tubes on the internet, they are exactly the same as mine. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X