ID this coil winder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID this coil winder

At the NAMM show, Jared Brandon from Brandonwound and I went to G&L guitars to snoop a bit. (IE: shop tour)

I'd seen this in one of thier shop tour videos before, and was able to make out the name during a blurry quick camer a shot, but was never certain till I was able to photograph it...

P&Tech Co LTD.

Google doesn't give any very convincing results... even for the phone number. I can't find a website which I can positively ID as belonging to this company.

It's a 6-head winder. Korean-made, as far as I can tell.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GL winder.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	873291

Try :::21C ??? ?? ?-?::: Hope you can read Korean. Search Google for Kukmin P & Tech Co. Ltd. You'll get a little more info anyway.

Comment

Hell, here's an address- but I don't know what good it'll do.
      740-5 Seonggok-dong, Danwon-gu, Ansan-si, Gyeonggi-do

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ko&u=http://tel.nett.kr/%25EC%2597%2585%25EC%25B2%25B4%25EC%25A0%2595%25EB%25B3% 25B4/4199955/%25ED%2594%25BC%25EC%2595%25A4%25ED%2585%258D/&prev=search
      DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Originally posted by Daver View Post
        Try :::21C ??? ?? ?-?::: Hope you can read Korean. Search Google for Kukmin P & Tech Co. Ltd. You'll get a little more info anyway.
        I did find that, but I'm not convinced it's the same company.

Originally posted by rjb View Post
        I found the same address, but it's interesting to see your link has a link to windingmachine.net , but that's not working.
        Looking at it on the Wayback machine, it doesn't produce anything very useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Daver View Post
          The phone number on the contact page doesn't match
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
            The phone number on the contact page doesn't match
            And the one on the machine goes to a residence or something... I called it...

Comment

Silly question: Have you tried contacting G&L?

-rb
              DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Originally posted by rjb View Post
                Silly question: Have you tried contacting G&L?

-rb

Where do ya think I snuck that picture? lol

Comment

In a factory tour the ceo refers to it as a “penix” or “pentechs” winder. Not sure the spelling, but I guess we know what the ‘p’ stands for.

Comment

Hard to find?
                    Not surprising.
                    This is what Google Image showed me, no kidding, when I searched for "p&tech winding machine korea"

it´s a CNC controlled winder, making up to 1.5 meter diameter coils, in this case some kind of fiber (carbon fiber?) to make lightweight but strong rocket motor casings, but of course it can wind "anything".

I bet they bought it claiming they would wind large transformers or something.

As of "P&Tech Co." I found it´s not a useful search term, but a generic company type indicator, so search will bring many unrelated results. (such as "Kukmin").
                    Think "XXXX Manufacturing Inc" ... will yield a Million (useless) results if you don´t previously know "XXXX"

For all I know it might mean "Production and Technology Company" or something not far from that.

The actual winder company name is in the "Swastika inside an oval" symbol, which of course is not text-searchable .
                    Last edited by J M Fahey; 03-31-2018, 05:30 PM.
                    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

google translate english > korean then did search gave this?
                      https://translate.google.com/transla...m/&prev=search
                      seems they manufacture all sorts of machines.

Comment

Oh, they seem to be focused on Solar Cells , and anything related to them, such as thin tempered glass plates.

Don´t imagine them making winders .

Still guess the key lies in the Symbol, same way as we instantly recognize

etcetera.
                        We are more into using Roman Letters , Orientals seem to prefer "drawings" ... I wonder why
                        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

that is true, I found the name P & Tech Co ambiguous at best, might as well called it John Smith. No offence if someone here is assigned that name...

Comment

Working...
                          X