transformer info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transformer info?

i shorted out my stereo amp project and smoked the transformer.could someone please tell me how i go about determining what i need as a replacement...thanks

Hi bluesman60,

based on your information all I can say is you need - a new transformer
    If you told us what amp this is (a schematic would be great), we could be more specific.

Cheers,
    Albert

Comment

information

albert,im sorry i was lacking in inf,i guess i thought there was a procedure or formula...it has 4 el84s,4 ax7,and 26ca4 rect...i havent found the schematic yet but thats what i have.thanks,
      terry

Comment

So is that two El84s per channel? That would mean yu need a transformer made for a pair of them.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Enzo: I think it is a stereo amp with two EL84, two 12AX7 and one 6CA4 (aka EZ81) per channel. One PT to feed them all.

Terry: Are the rectifier tubes parallel or does it have separate HV secondaries?
          And can you tell us what brand/model the amp is? Maybe someone here has a schematic.

Cheers,
          Albert

Comment

rectifier

im sorry but im not sure about the hv,i am a complete novice who has waited till i'm 60yo to try and get started...it is a dynamic corp amp...lol,maybe i should take up knitting.

Comment

stereo

enzo,
              it is a stereo amp,i have schematics but not sure how to forward them to this board,is there an email ad. i could send them to?

Comment

albert

its a dynamic corp,stereo.i have schematic but cant seem to forward them to this board..is there an email i could send them to?

Comment

When you hit the reply button, below the answer box there is a sign "additional options". Select "manage attachments" and follow the instructions. If that doesn't work, send it to me and I'll put it up for you.

office "at" kreuzer-electronics.com

Cheers,
                  Albert

Comment

Working...
                  X