Lollar P90 vs dimarzio virtual p90?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lollar P90 vs dimarzio virtual p90?

Anyone have experience with both of these? The lollar seems to be by all accounts the best p90 period. On the other hand the virtual p90 by dimarzio gets very good reviews, albeit not as good, but is noiseless. I really would like noiseless, but like anyone my #1 important aspect is tone. But i would not want to sacrifice the noise free aspect just for a subtle bit of tone. If on the other hand there is a huge difference where the lollar is just amazing compared to the Vp90, then i'd have to go with the noise and extra $30 each. Any thoughts on these?

the Lollars have a rather dark and sweet tone. A certain bite is missing. Guess I'll change them by Gibson mini humbuckers.

Comment

My Lollars seem sort of bright in my goldtop....but I put in a rewire kit from RS Guitarworks along with some .022 GuitarCaps. It's VERY responsive to the tone controls.

I need to replace the OEM P-90s in my Epi LP SPecial and will probably get another set when the money becomes avaialable.
      Last edited by TD_Madden; 12-10-2008, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Thats what they'd be going....in a goldtop, tho not a gibson. But aside from a different shape it's the same...carved maple top with all else mahogany and set neck. The stock seymours are ok, but just not reproducing what i know the guitar is capable of. i wouldn't want very bright pups tho because for one thing i unhook all tone controls. And like that the duncans are not too bright at all. so i want a pup that is also not going to be too bright. I'm sorta leaning towards the dimarzio because i fear spending $90 on a pup that will just end up in the drawer. At least the dimarzio can be returned for another pup. It's just that i have read so many reviews of the lollar that have people gushing like they just found the holy grail. Makes it hard to not send Jason my money.

Comment

Working...
        X