Wanting to diy a fuzz pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to diy a fuzz pedal

I am wanting to build a fuzz pedal that is on muzique.com and I was hoping that one of you guys could help me. I have basic knowledge in electronics and schematics. I have already gotten my board put together but I am not sure how to hook up the pots to the board. Would anyone of you be able to help me out on this?

http://www.muzique.com/schem/fuzzface3.gif

http://www.muzique.com/schem/fuzzface2.gif

I've already got the board all together and I believe that it is right, but I really am not too sure about wiring the pots into it. the DPDT should not be a problem though.

Thank You in advance

Pot wiring

If you are looking at the pot flat (on its back) from the front (shaft up, lugs facing you) from left to right, the lugs are typically number as such: far left 1, middle 2, far right 3. Number 1 will go to ground, 2 is as it seems the middle arrow on the schematic and that goes to whatever component it is connected to on the schematic(looks like LUG 2: Pot R5 goes to Y on the schematic), and 3 of course goes to wherever the schematic indicates( X for Pot R5 in this case). It is really as simple as that! As far as the DPDT , for true bypass (looking at switch from the bottom) I usually wire it top left: input of circuit, middle left: input jack tip,bottom left: jumper to bottom right (thats your bypass), middle right: tip of output jack, top right: output of circuit( which is lug 2 on your 500k volume pot). Hope this helps!
    Last edited by randomair; 12-19-2008, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Think of it this way: as you turn the knob, you are moving the wiper in the direction of turn, and reducing the resistance between the wiper and the end-point in that direction. The effect of reducing that resistance will depend on the function of the control in question. In each of the two cases in this circuit, however, reducing that resistance = "more"; more gain/fuzz for the one control, and more volume for the other.

So, look at the pots as you would see them once mounted in the chassis, and imagine what lugs would be involved in making that wiper-to-end-point resistance "smaller".

Incidentally, do yourself a favour and look at the document entitled "The Technology of the Fuzz Face" over at www.geofex.com if you haven't done so already.

Comment

Working...
      X