Pickup bobin dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup bobin dimensions

I am designing a double neck non-peddle steel guitar and would like to wind my own pickups. Can someone tell me where I can get the pickup dimensions? I realize the length is determined by the number of strings and the string spacing but how high and how wide should the core be? I do have some basic dimensions from one of my other documents but since I will need to make my own bobbins, I need some more details. Any help would be appreciated.

Rick
    Last edited by safas; 12-18-2008, 09:49 PM. Reason: move to pickup maker thread

Just make it anyway you like. You don't need to follow a certain size. Make up your own pickup.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

I agree with Dave. When I first started winding, I used standard bobbin dimensions and go OK results. It wasn't until I played around with my own ideas that I got something I liked. You may end up with a holy grail.

Comment

Working...
      X