Fender Deluxe Reverb Re-Issue High Frequency Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Deluxe Reverb Re-Issue High Frequency Noise

I have a Fender Deluxe Reverb ('65 Re-Issue) that has a very quiet and very high-frequency noise coming out of the speaker. It is an extremely high frequency, I would say higher then 10K Hz, and it is very soft. It is intermittent and tone and volume controls on both channels have no effect on it. Reverb controls do not effect it and it does it when nothing is plugged into the amp. It does go away if you turn on the vibrato. Anyone run into this problem?

You might check the wires going to the plates (pin 3) of the output tubes. I would make sure they're twisted together and away from previous stages.

Comment

Any more info you can give?

Was the amp working fine until "......." happened? or any changes you may have done just prior to this problem? Does not do it at all when playing thru the amp (ie when you stop playing for a sec)?

Does tapping any of the tubes affect the problem? The chassis?

The speaker itself probably doesn't really have any effective frequency response up at 10KHZ..... this part doesn't seem to make sense.

If the amp was going into oscillation, I would think you would get some sort of distortion/breakup/unwanted artifacts while playing. Is this the case?

Long shot: Any chance you are experiencing some weird "AM detection" in a preamp tube due to one of the jacks not grounding properly, and the grid stopper not doing it's job?

Try alternately yanking out V5, V1, then V2 and just see what happens.

I dunno.... just thowing stuff at the barn door....

Comment

Working...
      X