Jcm 2000 dsl 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jcm 2000 dsl 50

I bought this amp almost three years ago from a local Guitar Center. Love the tone of the "B" Channel and hated the "A" Channel all together. This channel is worthless. Very thin and weak sounding on clean and what classic crunch mode. There is none. This suppose to be a hot rodded 800. Not this amp. So me not knowing any better I thought this was normal. About a year playing on it I got tired of it and packed it away for 2 year. Bought another amp. Just one month ago went home on vaction and one of my friends had the same Identical amp and his was amaming! Channel A sounded like a Hot Rodded 800....Just totaly blew away. Well to some it up I bought a broke amp from the get go. Still under warranty and sending it off ASAP. Has any others experinece this problem? Can anyone tell what is wrong with my lemon?

I had the exact same thing happen with 2 JCM900 dual reverbs. I had one and it was the fattest thickest sounding hi gain marshall i'd ever had. I even liked it better live than my 800's of which i had 3, and one was a really great early one. But that 900 was better than all of them. But of course like an idiot i sold it as i eventually did with every amp i loved ! (i was young...u know how that is

anyways, later on i missed it so much i decided to buy another. used the exact same tubes and the amp sounded like absolute cr@p ! it was so thin and tinny that i could turn the bass to 10 and the mids to anywhere and the treble would have to go almost all the way down to not sound tinny. And then it just sounded like mush. i tried many tubes after that, made sure it was biased correctly, check every part in the amp to no avail. The only thing i can figure is with the huge tolerances in cheap electronic components, maybe they all added up to much to much towards one side of the spectrum if you know what i'm saying. Or maybe a way out of spec tranny. But there was nothing obviously wrong and i could not find any bad components or solder joints and i know it wasn't tubes. and i was using the same EV12L that i had in the other amp. (they were both 1-12 combos)

Comment

Working...
    X