• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• design help

Here is what I got to work with
    power xformer from bassman ten 70w pt #013895
    power xformer from dual showman pt # 022756
    output xformer from bassman ten 70w pt #013897
    heres what I want to build something relatively clean but with character I play rythm In a funky blues outfit use few effects autowah, phaser not wanting reverb really or trem just a simple circuit will do any suggestions?

Using either PT (and the OT), built a BF amp of some description using 2 x 6L6GC - or you could build a single channel 'high-powered' tweed bassman or BF princeton reverb-type thing, with a late-tweed/brown era bias vary trem and twin-style reverb? (Shucks I dunno)
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

...start with a Fender Deluxe schematic (tweed for "old" blues; tolex for "newer" crunch) and "tweek" to suite, you can effectively get:

100W with 4 x 6L6GC using TWIN PT and OT (4 ohm)
      50W with 2 x 6L6GC using BM PT and OT (2 or 4 ohm)
      45W with 4 x 6V6GTA (4K OT)
      22W with 2 x 6V6GTA (6K OT)

...or, get REALLY creative and use either EL34's or KT66's for more "British" sounds...up to you.
      ...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"

Comment

ok I'm pretty solid on what i'm gonna do, probably do a pretty standard 2 12ax7 preamp maybe a 2 6l6 tweed bassman circuit. what I am ignorant about is power supply design from scratch. I'm probably gonna use the showman pt cause I'm sure it probably has lower sec. voltage than the bassman 70 trans, know where I can get specs?. I'm not planning on using the ultralinear taps on the O.T. unless someone can tell me why I should! maybe switch between UL & standard would that work. anyone want to give me advice on the power supply design I would appreciate it. should or can I even use a tube rect. any ideas or info will be appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by mbailey View Post
          I'm probably gonna use the showman pt cause I'm sure it probably has lower sec. voltage than the bassman 70 trans, know where I can get specs?.
          Well according to this handy dandy little chart I found from tubesandmore.com a while back (don't trust the prices - and who knows where they got their info right?), the dual and late (BF/SF? - who knows exactly what they mean by 'late') Showman was 420-0-420 450mA 60V Bias 6.5V @ 5.4A and the Bassman 10 doesn't say (but could be about the same? - who knows? the only way is to hook the PT up to a power supply and see what VAC you get on the secondaries)
          Attached Files
          Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Working...
          X