Chinese magnet distributor Sensmag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese magnet distributor Sensmag

I got an email from these folks today, they claim that they stock over 100 different pickup specific magnets in alnico and C8.
    Here's the link to the PDF catalogue:
    http://www.sensmag.com/pic/SensMag%20Catalogue.pdf

They seem to have some interesting alnico blends I hadn't seen before including Alnico I through A-9 and A5-7

They also have LOTs of sizes, metric and inch including the 5mm x 20mm that I was looking all over for.

Has anyone dealt with them yet? I can't be the only one who got this email...

Originally posted by David King View Post
    I got an email from these folks today, they claim that they stock over 100 different pickup specific magnets in alnico and C8.
    Here's the link to the PDF catalogue:
    http://www.sensmag.com/pic/SensMag%20Catalogue.pdf

They seem to have some interesting alnico blends I hadn't seen before including Alnico I through A-9 and A5-7

They also have LOTs of sizes, metric and inch including the 5mm x 20mm that I was looking all over for.

Has anyone dealt with them yet? I can't be the only one who got this email...
    They do have a lot of stuff! But you are going to have to get in touch with their sales department to see about minimum orders, etc.

Comment

Thanks Mike,
      I've inquired about terms and am awaiting a response.

Comment

The min. amount is US$50.0 / item. and i was going to order from them but haven´t got to it yet!

Comment

Payment is going to be the problem. Wiring money to China usually costs $40 through most banks, I used Western Union, same deal. I dealt with a Chinese magnet company for a year or two, communication is tricky, and shipping is another big price tag with any kind of significant weights. Its probably cheaper to buy from distributors over here. I tried to set my guys over there on Paypal, but back then Paypal made it extremely hard for Chinese to sign up and it was so complicated neither myself nor them could make any sense of the instructions. If anyone knows a better way to send money to China let me know :-)
          http://www.SDpickups.com
          Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Spend $40 for wiring money is the price unfortunately, you just add that onto your cost calculations. Paypal is fine for small transactions but you can't really expect a large company to satisfy the needs of every small, independent pickup maker. In this case they appear to have things that I can't easily get elsewhere and the prices could be very advantageous in quantity.

I don't know how evolved Chinese banking is but I know that I can deposit a check from Europe in euros at my local credit union. It doesn't cost me anything over the exchange rate of about %2 which I would be paying regardless and the checks clear in less than a week usually.
            Last edited by David King; 01-14-2009, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Montreux can probably help out on this one. He's pretty good about stocking things people need and if he doesn't have it he will do his best to get it and stock it.

Comment

I emailed them and asked for pricing, and price breaks for quantity this was the reply.

Thank you for your mail. And we are glad to heard that you are interested in our rod guitars magnets.

Usually the prices are effected by many factors, for examples raw materla and quatities etc. It is really hard for us to have a prices list ready.

We have no minimum quantity requirement. Since we have these items on stock. So we could arrange the delivery immediatly. If some items were run out or not adequacy we have to arrange production. It will take about 25 to 30 day.

Of course the prices are breaks for large quantities.

Please tell us the size and quantity of magnets you are interested in. We will provide our quotation soon.

If you need samples please tell us details.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have more questions.

Best regards,

Marilyn Lee
                Export Dept.

Comment

I got the same email from Marilyn. I like the samples offer though they usually make it unfree by charging you something for shipping. I guess the ball's in our court.

Comment

Well I don't think any of them take paypal, wish they would but they don't like not having the money immediately. I think its interesting that Chinese companies give their sales people English names to use, its not their real names, mine was called Sally, her real name was alot more interesting....
                    http://www.SDpickups.com
                    Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Well I asked for a couple of samples today. They replied that they are in stock and asked if I wanted them magnetized or not. I have replied but that is as far as it has gone so far.

It would be a bummer to pay for some shipping. I have never ordered anything from overseas before so it will be interesting for me to see what happens.

*Update*

I just received an email saying that samples are on the way. No mention of any payment. So far this has been a pleasant experience.
                      Last edited by Magnut; 01-15-2009, 12:08 PM.
                      Roadhouse Pickups

Comment

I have a sample that has been shipped already. No shipping cost. They provided the EMS tracking # also.

I got a quote on mag's that just blew the US distributers out of the water. The price they quote per piece includes shipping.

Comment

How is the quality of the material? Can you post pics?
                          Roadhouse Pickups

Comment

Well one baseline for prices I can think of is $.07 per alnico rod so I wouldn't be surprised if they get close to that. Quality is supposed to be real smooth, not the best but perfectly acceptable. It's becoming clear to me that they may be the main supplier for Allstar and at least a few others.

Comment

The sample shipped on 01/13. In US Customs now. Might arrive tomorrow. I will post pic's when they arrive.

Comment

Working...
                              X