Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resistor polarity with capacitor

Just one quick question:
    In this part of my schematic, I want to place a 10uF cap across R25 (1k5), how do I need to place that cap? Is the + and - in the picture right?

I'll give you a hint:

Look carefully at where the circuit trace "Z" goes. There are at least two obvious things that should give you the answer. Also, take a peek at C44.

Then, tell us why you made your final analysis? Maybe, even tell us what you are trying to accomplish?

BTW, not all capacitors have polarity, and as your title appears...resistors don't at all. You do, however, need to know the answer if using a polarized capacitor....which I assume you are?

A nice little learning experience that should last longer than someone just telling you?

Brad1

Comment

Hehe... got it man. Haven't really looked, pretty stupid. It's just the other way around, Z leads to earth.

I'm using a electrolytic cap, and yeah I know resistors don't have any polarity but I couldn't think of a better title for this thread.

Comment

"Polarity question about cathode bypass cap." One way to say it.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X