Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rail Pickups very quiet (low output)

Hi all,
    I am new to guitar wiring but not soldering.

I bought this rail pickup for the neck and middle pickup of my strat copy.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/nenemaourhon1.html

i just wired them and they worked but are quiet. noise is at a low level. but the output is quiet! significantly less than the single coils.

now these rails have a metal thing of posts so it looks like a single coil pickup. and i accidentally ripped those off. long story. and i could see that a tiny tiny wire that ran between the coils WAS connected to it but now severed. looks like a coil wire actually. ALSO there was one lead (of four) coming out from the coils wrapping. this severed and i reconnected it using thicker gauge wire. then i put the whole thing back together and that when i found that the pickups work fine but sound very quiet.

my question is, is it possible that by one of my errors i have made them perform quietly? or is it a matter of "if they work then they work"
    because the original single coil at the bridge is MUCH louder.

thanks,
    marco.

I surely do not know, my gut tells me you might have broken a winding wire leaving part of the pickup idle.

Welcome to the forum Marco. May I suggest you post this down in the "Instrumentation" section. That is where they discuss pickups and such.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X