Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMG 89 HSH Superswitch wiring question.. need help !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG 89 HSH Superswitch wiring question.. need help !!

Sorry to bother you with this... have tried posting at a few forums, but not luck with an answer. I found a post about the EMG 89 wiring with a 5-way superswitch (Dimarzio in this instance).

Would anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for and HSH configuration, with an 89 Neck, SLV middle, and 89 Bridge? wired very similar to this diagram, only adding another 89 in the neck. I hope to get:

1. (up position) Neck Humbucker
    2. Neck single-coil & Middle single-coil out-of-phase
    3. Middle Single-coil
    4. Bridge single-coil & Middle single-coil out-of-phase
    5. Bridge Humbucker

Is there any way to get this configuration without wiring the Pi2 switch to the middle pickup ? or do you think there is not a huge sound difference between the middle in or out-of-phase with the bridge single-coil with EMG's ?

Lastly, is it possible to get this configuration using only 1 Volume and 1 tone, using a Superswitch ? I am purchasing a Carvin DC145, soon and will need to see how to configure this before ordering...

Here is an diagram that I found that is half-way to where I hope to get...cant upload pic.. here is the link:

http://www.geocities.com/guitarwiring/emg89.htm

Thanks in advance for your help it is GREATLY appreciated !!

I think you will find the in phase combinations a lot more useful. Out of phase sounds thin and honkey. You can't wire EMG's out of phase without the phase reversal circuit.

The 89 actually has two pickups and two preamps in it, so you can use both at the same time if you wanted to.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
    X