damn i sound like a newb!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damn i sound like a newb!

this is a little project i'm working on.

i have a marshall vs 100 runnin through a older peavey cab loaded with 85 watt celestions. i am using a true bypass delay pedal and a mark tremonti power wa,{ not shure if it is or not, a true bypass pedal } hooked up in front of the amp, when hooked up like this, i get this really funky noise. when i hook this up in the fx loop the noise goes away, but the fx suffer! they don't sound very strong, where is the middle ground! i am open for suggestions!

as every one has there own opinion! thats what makes this s**t so cool!

thanks

Try the wah to the input, and the delay through the loop? This way the wah will affect the preamp stage, and the delay will affect what's coming out of the preamp into the power section.

Things to try in a loop are time-based effects...such as chorus, flange, reverb, delay, etc. Things to put to the input are wahs, distortions, overdrives, compressors, etc.

Brad1

Comment

How good are your cables? Got any that are absolutely known-good?

Comment

Try playing your effects through someone else's amp. They may just be noisy on their own. Try them one at a time.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad1 View Post
          Try the wah to the input, and the delay through the loop? This way the wah will affect the preamp stage, and the delay will affect what's coming out of the preamp into the power section.

Things to try in a loop are time-based effects...such as chorus, flange, reverb, delay, etc. Things to put to the input are wahs, distortions, overdrives, compressors, etc.

Brad1
          this was dead on brad1, the sound of this rig cleanded right up!

thanks for all the suggestions, very cool.

peace for know.

bill

Comment

Working...
          X