Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schematic Request?

Hi all,
    I've emailed Mackie for a schematic with no response so I'm turning elsewhere.

Looking for a schematic for a Mackie SWA1501 active powered sub. Mine works (sorta) but if it tops out anything above 20dB I'd be surprised. These things are normally LOUD and this isn't even close. It also has what sounds like hetrodyning (sp?) or oscillations going on. Sounds like a short wave radio in the background, I guess that's the best way I can describe the noise.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
    - JJ
    My Momma always said, Stultus est sicut stultus facit

Last I heard, they were about three weeks behind out at Mackie and trying to catch up.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Couple of things to check..due to the vibration any capacitors come unstuck?
      Had one where it looked like it was connected but a leg had broken
      another some of the mounting hardware had come undone shorting out
      some vital part which I can't remember... but I would initially go over it with a fine tooth comb while you are waiting for a schematic 'cause my experience
      is , it's mainly mechanical ie big components rattling around.
      Had one here ,was like a fridge (Australian for refrigerator) took two guys
      to lift it into the hall then the partner nearly murdered me 'cause it was in the way... Then there was this huge amp mounted on a long panel....
      which I had to wrestle with..think I had to get my automotive alan key set as well to pull it apart ! Wasn't one of my favourite fixes.....!
      Good luck

Comment

Thanks, I've heard of mechanical issues with Mackie stuff. Shame too, when it works their stuff kills.

We have a couple weeks off (the band) so I'll tear into it again and see if my borg headpiece magnifier lets me spot something I missed before.

Cheers,
        - JJ
        My Momma always said, Stultus est sicut stultus facit

Comment

Working...
        X