Organ-mate reverb addition to guitar amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organ-mate reverb addition to guitar amp

I have an organ-mate reverb unit salvaged from a Hammond.
    http://www.geocities.com/OrganMate/
    I'd like to adapt this to a work with a 10 watt tube amp I have. Is this reasonably feasible? Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance,

Seems to me, from looking at the schematic, that you can simply use this the way that an outboard Fender reverb unit is used before an amp. The unit appears to mix dry and wet together near the output, which means it can simply feed an amp input.

The only real shortcoming is that if you intend to blast the front end of your 10W amp and produce distortion, you will also be distorting the reverb sound, which won't sound all that great.

But clean, you should have no problem. Thanks for the schematic!

Comment

I've had one of these floating around with my 'stuff' for years. Dunno if it even works. I have wondered, though, what the advantages/disadvantages are with driving a reverb tank from the cathode of a 12A*7. Could you simply run the cathode bypass cap from a gain stage through the pan input? The fact that You don't see cathode driven reverb circuits that often seems to suggest that somebody smarter than me already figured out which way works best.

Comment

Working...
      X