Seymore Duncan Twin Tube Classic pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymore Duncan Twin Tube Classic pedal

The Seymour Duncan Twin Tube classic is a new fx pedal with a special type of tube.
    I was really surprised when I read that the 6201 tube is equivalent to an ecc81 which I thought was only used in the PI (Phase inverter) of a tube amp. The samples on their site sound really good.

Has anybody ever tried any other oddball tubes in a preamp (or booster, distortion) ?

I myself have experimented with some other rf tubes which aren't bad at all.

Alf

I have a Twin Tube and I have to say for what it is, I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf View Post
      Has anybody ever tried any other oddball tubes in a preamp (or booster, distortion) ?
      Most of the popular 12xx7 tubes wind up getting tried in every preamp position at one time or another in search of sonic nirvana. That's why they get referred to as 12xx7 instead of 12AX7, 12AU7, 12AT7 in a lot of discussion.

The real oddballs are the asymmetrical dual triodes like the 12DW7, which (IIRC) is one 12AU7 triode and one 12AX7 triode ... or something. Handy if you're cloning an SVT, otherwise not so much.

Hope this helps!

Comment

6201 (12AT7) or
        6021 (subminiature)
        ?

They are different tubes...

Comment

Yes it contains two 6021, dual triode sub miniature tubes......I have one...I bought it intending to reverse engineer (trace out) the circuit and draw a schematic...so far....being lazy, and having more projects than time, all I've done is play through it and open it up for a peek. Anybody done the circuit trace yet and have a schematic to post?
          Ekatt

Comment

I have abandoned the unit for now. It seems to have problems developing noise after a few months of use. It happened to Me and a buddy of mine. It sounds like bacon it frying w, but with a vial over it.

FWIW C Smith

Comment

Originally posted by elecktrokatt View Post
              Yes it contains two 6021, dual triode sub miniature tubes......I have one...I bought it intending to reverse engineer (trace out) the circuit and draw a schematic...so far....being lazy, and having more projects than time, all I've done is play through it and open it up for a peek. Anybody done the circuit trace yet and have a schematic to post?
              Ekatt
              Hi,

have you seen any schematics for the seymour duncan twin tube classic?

thanks,loz

Comment

Hi there! I have one too and was completely satisfied with it for about 6 month after I bought it, but then some trouble came in. Just out of the blue it stopped functioning and it still doesn't work, though I've replaced the power supply unit, which I thought was the cause of the problem.
                So I really need the schematics for Twin-Tube!!! I'd be SO grateful if anyone could provide me with it!

Comment

So with all these folks looking for this schematic, what does Seymour Duncan say when you ask them for it?
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Well, Seymour says "No way!" Probably, because I live outside the US...Anyway, they just won't share that schematic (I've heard about another guy, who tried to get that information from them, in vain).

Comment

Hi
                      I found this with google a few months ago..
                      It is the actual Twin tube classic audio section.

EDIT: Link in this post is dead. Here is link to Post #37 with good link:

http://music-electronics-forum.com/s...earchid=137703

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t1227-2/#post452629
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Steve A.; 04-13-2017, 07:22 AM. Reason: Update dead link

Comment

Seymore Duncan Twin Tube Classic pedal

Thanx a lot, man! Happy New Year to you

Comment

Not to hijack, but i noticed the pedal has a 2.2M ground reference at the input where most amps have a 1M. is there a reason for this? I realize this is a tube pedal, but still. Why the 2.2M?

Comment

Hi all,
                            Me too, I wanna trace the schematic and build one
                            right away. Why? Because the tube is so different,
                            and so small and so cute. Come on now.

People are complaining that every 6-7 months their
                            pedals start up with the scratching sounds.

This is a pedal with HV on the plates!! Of coarse the
                            tubes will burn out- DUH! Quit complaining about the
                            pedal and buy new tubes off Ebay already and fix
                            the darn thing. Or are you too lazy - or too stupid.

This pedal sounds great when it it working- That's because
                            these tubes are built to much higher tolerances and with
                            better chemical treatment and metal composition that
                            the good old 12XX7 Line we use. They will still break down though.

I see the 2.2M resistor in the input to ground also, TWICE..
                            Thats probably to make the input even more impedance friendly.

That's all that is.

Hopefully my rant did not offend, but as I see it, this
                            complaining about this pedal was sort of uncalled for.
                            People read this stuff, then they dont buy the pedal, or worse,
                            dont build a copy of the pedal. You could modify this
                            little preamp for any number of killer apps,

Robert.

Comment

I commend Seymour Duncan for making these pedals with mini tubes, it's about time someone did! I hope it isn't the tubes, they should be lasting.
                              To test, you might just run a aligator clip/cap'd --->guitar chord off of plate V1 and see if your guitar made it through the tube.

I want the SD Mayhem.

Comment

Working...
                              X