Dynacord Powermate 1000 Power issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynacord Powermate 1000 Power issue

Hi Guy's, just registered today and was hoping that someone could help me with an issue I am currently having with my amp. It all started on Saturday night at a local gig, the amp lost power after a few songs. In saying loss of power I mean that the Led's were still on, but the led eq disappeared and there was no output at all from my Martin f15's. This continued as I thought it may have been a faulty speakon connectioon but to my dispair this did not solve the issue.

I't became very intermittent, it would work for 2 minutes then just drop out, then for a further 3 minutes then total mute. I have ruled out both connection and speakers by using my spare amp and everything worked fine.

I am going to seek advice today on the issue, but before I do so I thought I'd ask on here if anyone had a similair experience.

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by kemo View Post
    ...the amp lost power after a few songs. In saying loss of power I mean that the Led's were still on, but the led eq disappeared and there was no output at all from my Martin f15's. This continued as I thought it may have been a faulty speakon connectioon but to my dispair this did not solve the issue.
    Welcome to the board.

It may be any number of issues, but the most common are dirty fx loop jacks and loose components/bad solder connections.

Try plugging in a spare patch cord from the FX send into the FX return jack. If this restores the signal, then the return jack needs to be cleaned.

If that doesn't help, try hitting the top of the amp with your fist or a rubber mallet. If the amp has a spring reverb tank, be sure to turn it off befor you do this. Does jarring the amp cause or cure the signal loss? If it does then there is something loose inside that needs attention.

Comment

Thank you 52 Bill for your recent reply. I have tested the unit last night and again it tested for an hour with no issues. I did notice that there was a slight flicker coming from the led reverb section. I have now left it with the engineer to see if he can recreate my issue.

Comment

Dynacord powermate 1ooomk1

These amps do not have reverb tanks inside them! if it's the mixer amp type unit then it does all kinds of faulty tricks to get your head round and it drivers you nuts

How ever some quick fault testing can be done to see whats going on with these monsters. power up the unit with a speaker load and see what happens plus connect a music signal in and tap the line o/p/ send feed to a small amp to check for good clean signal there.
        And I've had plenty of these unit's over the years ranging from blown power amp stage to front protect/limiter led always on.....
        I may have the diagram some were or you can email polar audio who have it on file.

Comment

Originally posted by amptech View Post
          These amps do not have reverb tanks inside them! if it's the mixer amp type unit then it does all kinds of faulty tricks to get your head round and it drivers you nuts

How ever some quick fault testing can be done to see whats going on with these monsters. power up the unit with a speaker load and see what happens plus connect a music signal in and tap the line o/p/ send feed to a small amp to check for good clean signal there.
          And I've had plenty of these unit's over the years ranging from blown power amp stage to front protect/limiter led always on.....
          I may have the diagram some were or you can email polar audio who have it on file.
          Thank you for your help amptech. I have taken the MIXER amp to a technician last Monday and he has fully tested it over the space of the week. He has tried everything and he has found No fault with it.
          I tried the amp again on Friday and Saturday night at 2 three hour long gigs and it worked fine without any issues. One thing that the techy did say to me was that he had seen the LED reverb display flickering Randomly, this again never happened when gigging. Very strnge issue.

Comment

Hi Amptech. I have a problem with the effects unit of my Powermate 1000(1998). I have had a tech look at it and we thought we had fixed it but not so. The numbers go very slow and after a short while it returns to default settings 5, 55. Do you have or know where l can find a service diagram for the effcts unit which will be such a help for my tech. Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X