Powermate 1000 MK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powermate 1000 MK1

Hi having recently blown up the right power amp on my trusted dynacord I replaced the main power transistors. Checking voltages etc I found no problems so fired the baby up. It has worked perfectly for over 6 weeks weeks till alas it went with a bang at a gig the other night. It seems one of the replacement o/p transisters went s/c and has fried one or two components along the way. Alas I am unable to measure them and was hoping someone may have a schematic of the output board so I can find the correct parts to fit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Johnny5; 03-24-2009, 03:27 PM. Reason: I am such a bad typist

Dynacord powermate 1ooomk1

Welcome to the show,

Having repaired many of these units for some time now I always fit mj15024g's and mj15025g's and never get come back's.

The last one I had the limiter led was on all the time with low power to A channel and good power to B channel. it turned out to be a fault with the limter circuit and after lifting pin 5 on the contorl ic full power came back both sides. How ever the faulty part was a 220k near the 4.7 zener diode was o/c and once a new one was fitted the front limiter led stayed off and all was well, job done

if you need a copy of the diagram I may be able to help you there and just drop me a message on the forum.

Comment

Thanks for your reply and help. My main problem now is that some of the components are completely fried so I cannot measure them to find out there values. Any diagram will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Dynacord powermate 1ooomk1

If you email polaraudio in the uk, they will have the diagram and will be happy to help you out. ask for andy there service tech or if you have no luck send me a private email and I'll sort out the diagram for you.

Comment

Dynachord Powermate 1000 Mk1 circiut schematic

Dynachord powermate
          Originally posted by amptech View Post
          Welcome to the show,

Having repaired many of these units for some time now I always fit mj15024g's and mj15025g's and never get come back's.

The last one I had the limiter led was on all the time with low power to A channel and good power to B channel. it turned out to be a fault with the limter circuit and after lifting pin 5 on the contorl ic full power came back both sides. How ever the faulty part was a 220k near the 4.7 zener diode was o/c and once a new one was fitted the front limiter led stayed off and all was well, job done

if you need a copy of the diagram I may be able to help you there and just drop me a message on the forum.
          Hi read your comments with interest having the same problem with my unit having replaced the shorted output transitors some smaller components are not recogniseable so desperately needing a cicuit diagram to identify these failed componets.Having tried polaraudio who inform me they no longer do Dynachord equiptment I'm left with little choice but to ask if you could help with the cicuit diagram please.I have a Mk2 circuit which of course is not the same beast .Many thanks for reading

Comment

Working...
          X