Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power for Thousands of pedals ! [or]

I have a Stancor PT, large.
    I made voltage for Sixty x 12a_7' heater filaments.
    What else can it do besides paperweight ?
    How hard would it be to take windings off of the primary?
    How bad of an idea is this, say I wanted 60v or so, use for building a LV tube amp, ~seven sub-mini tubes?

You could build an organ! ..or build an output transformerless amp... or just a regular amp... 60 A*7's add up to enough current to do a relatively burly amp of at least 60 watts, probably would do 120. I'm assuming that this came from an organ originally and also supplied some sort of output section with at least 6V6's. 1 or 2 rectifiers?
    If you know what value it was fused for initially, that would tell you what kind of current it was expected to provide. Does it have multiple taps for high voltages? These are things you need to find out.

Just re-read the orig. post. Is this STRICTLY a filament x-former?

Comment

strictly for operation of the sixty preamp tubes, primary has 2 wires, secondary had 2...no extra taps.
      The voltage ratio is 7/12 [69 voltsAC from a wall outlet that does 120vac.].
      I'll have to sort through my available tubes data sheets and see if I can find something with plates that operate well at...about 100VDC [after recto-filtering]. Maybe some kind of preamp or LV tubes amp.

Comment

OK I've got it! If this was a filament x-former for 60 pre's, ...How about making the most bitchinest display of Christmas lights ever! ...might be a fire hazard tho
        Other than that, I don't know. You're in the same boat with me, I've got a bag of 12FQ8's just itchin' to be used in something.....like an organ.

Comment

Working...
        X