Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar rewire Plans. Advice needed

Hey Y'all,
    I really like being a lefty sometimes, sometimes it's complicated!

So, I've got a Dean Evo SS that I'd like to rewire. Keeping the same layout, with some better components is in order. The layout is a 3 way switch (in the typical les paul spot) and 1 volume (P/P for neck coil tap) + 1 Tone (P/P for bridge coil tap).

now I've done a little reading. But as usual there's information overload on here and other places regarding audio/linear pots etc.

I've done a little investigation. Here's what my pots are (they look like crappy loose Chinese ones to be honest).

Shaft thread length is 1cm approx (does that count as long shaft?)
    the width of the pot is 1.6cm
    the nut fastening the pot is a number 11 or a little loose with a 7/16 socket.
    The email I got from Dean quotes 500K for both.

So I'm wondering what sort of pots will do with this. And how it will go with a Lefty (as I highly doubt that you can get long shaft antilog dtdp pots!). What would be some good ideas for upgrades without having to redrill or something like that.

down the track I might look at adding another two controls or maybee get fancy with a 5 way switch.... But for today I'm looking to start simple.

Ideas would be great.

So I'm wondering what sort of pots will do with this:
    most pots for guitar use will do, if you want to change the direction of the pots (antilog) just swap the pin 1 and 3 this will give you a reverse sweep

What would be some good ideas for upgrades without having to redrill or something like that:
    check out guitarnutz.com some great mods to be found here with explinations and schematics.
    good hunting

Comment

Working...
    X