R27 value in route 66?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R27 value in route 66?

just wondering if anyone knew, or could post a link listing the R27 value on a visual sound route 66 pedal. maybe you could open yours up and look for me? i'm fixing one for a friend and R27 is roasted. looks like someone used the wrong wall wart with this thing. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by chuckocaster View Post
    just wondering if anyone knew, or could post a link listing the R27 value on a visual sound route 66 pedal. maybe you could open yours up and look for me? i'm fixing one for a friend and R27 is roasted. looks like someone used the wrong wall wart with this thing. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Is this a Version One or Two Route 66? You might want to try contacting RG Keen here because he works for Visual Sound.

Steve Ahola
    The Blue Guitar
    www.blueguitar.org
    Some recordings:
    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

thanks steve, message sent.

Comment

Hello!

Can you please share the value with me?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thx!

Wim

Comment

Is RG Keen available now for advice ?
          SMSF Self Managed Super Fund

Comment

Originally posted by Swervage View Post
            Is RG Keen available now for advice ?
            Hi, I have received the answer from RG.
            Excellent!

Comment

And the answer is??????

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                And the answer is??????
                Excellent!

Comment

And the value of R27 is???????

Comment

I love it. Like 20 questions.

Can It be used to hold a hot drink?
                    Would I use it in my car?
                    Would I use it on the beach?
                    Is it Alive?
                    Does it taste like Chicken?..................

Just keep 'em guessing.

Maybe R27 is the whole key to the pedal. Maybe there's an NDA signed to protect its identity.

Comment

I personally find it amazing that when someone has a problem with a pedal, they will hie themselves off to the internet and spend hours and days looking for advice from random strangers that may or may not know what they're talking about instead of sending an email to the manufacturer's support email. But then, what would the internet be without semi- and fully-wrong advice?

But I digress.

The value of "R27" depends on which version of the pedal you have in your hand, because in general there is no attempt to keep reference numbers for parts consistent across versions of the board, and the boards are updated as needed if there are performance updates, problems with part delivery schedules in manufacturing, whatever. There are a LOT of Route 66 pedals out there.

But if is is very near the DC input jack and polarity protection diode, it is probably the version that has R27= 10 ohms. When a wrong-polarity DC supply, or worse yet, AC supply is plugged into the DC input jack, the resistor limits the current in the protection diode a bit and *usually* keeps both the resistor and diode from dying. However, there are value of wrong-way DC and/or AC that you can put in that will kill the resistor or diode. It's likely if the resistor is burned, it died first.
                      Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

Thankyou, R.G.

R27 is 10 ohms if it's a power supply resistor used to limit the current in the protection diode.

Comment

Hi guys,

I know this is an old thread but I'll try my luck if anyone is still on this subject.
                          My Route 66 went silent recently and I found out that this resistor R27 was blown. I replaced it with 10 ohm resistor. Now the pedal kind of works. Problem is that when in bypass, there is no clean sound through. Only very tiny and unclear sound(ish) thing. Overdrive seems to work but I feel like it's not exactly how it is supposed to be. When drive is all the way up, it is kind of the sound what it supposed to be when the drive is half way open. I'm thinking maybe the resistor is wrong value. On the board it said Version M and the R27 resistor is right next to the DC input jack. I also tested the diode and it seemed to be okay. Any suggestions what could be wrong there?

Comment

Working...
                          X