Hello PEAVEY XR 600 HELP !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello PEAVEY XR 600 HELP !

hello im hoping to get some knowledge from the veterans here. i have a peavey XR 600 mixer amp. it is quite old but until recently, JAMED HARDCORE !! well i got it from my uncle and it had some static, well i took it down and cleaned all the inputs, the rear part of the knobs and outputs with some electronic contact cleaner and an air gun. sooo, now the damn thing doesnt seem to have any bass, like it lost wattage or something. i have it connected to 2 peavey t-300 projectors and now they seem to bottoms out. i use it for my electronic drums.... anyway, do you think i should spend the money to fix it or is there something you think i can try? thank you for anything. GOD Bless -Lee

Plain old XR600? Or XR600B,C,D etc through the alphabet?

I would try patching a spare cord from MAIN out to POWER AMP in. See if it helps.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yes sir.... It is a regular XR 600. Ok, I will try that! If it doesnt work though, would the mixer amp be worth trying to fix? Thank u much!
      Last edited by interguglielmi; 05-12-2009, 10:42 AM.

Comment

I'll put it this way, they are all fixable. In my shop I am sure I would have no trouble with it. How simple it might be for you, I cannot say.

Is it worth it? What could you replace it for? I can't imagine it would cost $100 to fix. IN a shop like mine I'd expect a bill around $75. Check with your local techs for their rates.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

well thanks alot for the help.... i will call around! God Bless

Comment

So did the patch cord trick help? Only takes a few seconds to try it.

Comment

na brotha, no dice! i guess i'll have to bring it in!

Comment

Before you do that, just on a hunch, try using only one speaker cab.

Comment

ok i will. tomorrow when i get home from work and i will let you know! THANKS MUCH MAN ! GOD BLESS

Comment

Working...
                  X