Correct ratings for power transformer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct ratings for power transformer

I need an 'export version' (220-230V) power transformer for my '77 Fender SF Deluxe Reverb, which has got a 5U4GB as stock rectifier.
    This amp has got a stock US tranny now, and I don't want to carry the extra weight of a step-down transformer any longer.
    What voltage and current rating do I need?
    AES sells different Hammond export trannies, but I don't know which one is the right one.
    They also sell a direct replacement, but I am not sure that it's ok for a SF Deluxe.
    Last but not the least, I guess that an original Fender replacement for the '65 Deluxe reverb reissue exists, but this amp calls for a GZ34 rectifier.

Which one is the correct one for me?

P.S.: a replacement that does not require cutting the chassis is highly preferred.

--Carlo
    Carlo Pipitone

Check out Weber's site he has a tranny with dual primaries for the DR.You should be able to use the GZ34 or the 5U4,just check that the GZ34 doesnt raise the plate voltages too much for the tubes you have to handle.The link is www.tedweber.com if you email him he will give you whatever info you need.He is a great guy to deal with.

Comment

Thanks for the info.
      I know Ted's website and customer care very well.
      I'll contact him.

BTW, I intend to keep the stock 5U4GB, not to switch to a GZ34.
      Carlo Pipitone

Comment

Working...
      X