Crate head gx2200h channel problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate head gx2200h channel problems

Ive almost resigned that im not going to be fixing this myself after all. I have two problems one easier to fix than the other but possibly related.

the head has two channels a and b. a has two overdrives 1 and 2 (2 being the better sounding one imo)

The cheap easy one is the footswitch, its one of their cheap 2 button switches, basically it will switch between channel a and b but will not switch between change overdrives. it seems to be stuck on overdrive 1. i tried replacing the switch itself but it seems to have gotten worse. new switch at musciansfriend is only 30 bucks though so no biggie.

The head however is bothering me. if i push the switches on the head itself(the footswitch needs to be disconnected) it will change from a to b fine, and from overdrive 1 and 2 fine.

however.... when im playing the overdrive channel will randomly cut off..or become very very quiet( to the point where its nearly impossible to hear) it cuts back on randomly on its own or if i tap up on the overdrive switch, or bang on the top sometimes. i bought an overdrive switch but havent had the nerve to replace it yet. one reason is im not entirely sure its the switch im starting to think theres a capacitor or something thats shot as it gradually gains volume for about a 1/2 second before kicking back on if i just let it do its thing.

so my question as a newbie to this forum. #1 do you guys think its the switch? #2 if not how many hours of labor, and parts do you think im lookin at?

thank you in advance, i did browse through the forums for the answer before posting, but this is kinda one of those things

I think the cutout contacts on your footswitch jacks are dirty, and also check the solder for the jack/s.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X