Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to build into an Epiphone VJ head/chassis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to build into an Epiphone VJ head/chassis?

I've got a spare VJ chassis, head version, that's just waiting for a SE project. I've got Champs and a 5F2A, a 5E3, and an Orange Tiny Terror...Help me decide what to make! I'm thinking maybe something from the AX-84 group of projects; maybe some kind of a little Marshally thing. I need a project and I can't get inspired...help
    Thermionic vacuum devices rule.

Matchless?

Someone here said that they built a 5E3 in a VJ head recently...(was that you?) If you can build a 5E3 in one then you could build something like a Matchless Lightning or a Hurricane. They are similar to a little Marshall 18 watt in many ways.

I have a spare chassis and xformers sitting around and have been pondering building a Lightning or a Spitfire. Supposedly nice little amps.
    In the future I invented time travel.

Comment

I have one VJ chassis left. I'm going to put in a two channel preamp, selectable and blendable, twin PA for 10 watts SE, and one power brake. I'm still debating if I want to include a FET input as well.

-g

Comment

Originally posted by PremiumPlus View Post
        I've got a spare VJ chassis, head version, that's just waiting for a SE project. I've got Champs and a 5F2A, a 5E3, and an Orange Tiny Terror...Help me decide what to make! I'm thinking maybe something from the AX-84 group of projects; maybe some kind of a little Marshally thing. I need a project and I can't get inspired...help
        Then, here is about how many tubes that can be shoehorned into a spare VJ chassis.

-g
        Attached Files

Comment

A lot of people are building a Marshall 18 watt lite clone on VJ chassis. One of the best is the Baby Will: 18 Watt LiteIIb "Baby Will" Or go to 18watt.com.
          Last edited by olddawg; 07-20-2009, 12:29 AM.

Comment

The 18 watt looks promising. I'm into simple amp design, and find that the mesa type overbuild/switch and pot on every stage isn't for me. Things get congested...plus I don't need more than 20 watts. I've got a stable of 50 watt class amps. Thanks!
            Thermionic vacuum devices rule.

Comment

Working...
            X