new cabinet concept.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new cabinet concept.

We were thinking about tolex versus carpet versus finished bare wood. But I don;t think I have ever seen this idea before.

Chia-amp!!!

Coat my amp cab with chia seeds and in a couple days they sprout into a lovely living green finish to my cab. Just the thing for that Earth Day gig .

Now if I can just get Billy Mays to sell it for me.....
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

I would choose your chia carefully...I highly recommend the chia herb garden set...that way you can harvest your amp for cilantro or rosemary...gourmet flavors and tasty riffs all in one package!

Or, if you're not into cilantro or rosemary...you could do your herb or 'herb' of your choice.

Either way, the chia-covering is a fantastic idea. I'll buy two!

Chip

Comment

Originally posted by chipaudette View Post
      ....Or, if you're not into cilantro or rosemary...you could do your herb or 'herb' of your choice.
      Chip
      Hmmm.....interesting variation!

I'm only worried about the amp breaking up during a gig and starting smoking ( literally ) though that could make things even MORE interesting

Cheers

Bob
      Hoc unum scio: me nihil scire.

Comment

The whole "chia" thing has worked for everything else, so...

It's actually a good idea. At least in the sense that if you were to market it, some people would probably buy it. From my cynical perspective I'm not sure if thats commentary on the seller or the buyer.

My wife has recently taken to eating chia seed in different breakfast fare because apparently Rachel Ray lost 30 lbs. doing this. This seems to be a miracle product. You can cover your amp, lose weight, grow a decorative sheep figurine, etc.

As I have a hair thinning condition I'm looking foreward to chia innovations in hair replacement therapy.

Chuck
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

There was an ArtCar guy in ... SF Bay area? who coated his car in grass seed.
          I think your cab would need to have a formica/plastic laminate coating, but I like the idea of mowing a speaker cab.

Comment

Just don't put your hands under the mower deck when cutting the top of the cap, otherwise you'll be learning to play with your toes.
            -Mike

Comment

I bet notes would really bloom coming out that cabinet.

Comment

You bet-chia.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                X