3 screw humbucker back plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 screw humbucker back plate

I have a 1980 Gibson Sonex (which I love, by the way... it's sort of like a slab LP with plastic and wood sandwich body). "Resonwood"! "multi-phonic body"! Definitely space-age.

The Gibson zebra HBs on it have 3 screw mount tabs instead of 2, which allow you to adjust the slant of the pup to match the string angle. On the other hand, they prevent you from turning the HB around, unless you change the plate.

Can anyone tell me more about these HBs? Did Gibson use them on other guitars of the period or beyond?

--Paul

Ibanez also has 3-hole baseplates. 2 holes on one foot and one hole on the other. It drives me crazy because I'm trying to put back to spec 2 80s Ibanez Rocket Roll II Vs that have either the original bridge pickup ring missing or it has an extra hole drilled out in the ring (between the two holes) to fit a normal pickup.

It is almost impossible to find those vintage Ibanez pickup rings.
    www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

kevinT --

Don't know if you're looking for repro or only original parts, but I did come across these while researching my own pickups: Ibanez three hole pickup ring, neck position

--Paul

Comment

Working...
      X