Traynor custom 40 low voltages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traynor custom 40 low voltages

I replaced a buldging 450V cap but when the B+ rail hits a couple of 3 pin transistors the volts drop pathetically. Any one have a schematic for this or seen this issue? All tubes are pulled.

Now this is a high school amp but I'm considering bypassing these regulators etc and going simple/old school or giving it to an uber tech.

Thanks, eh.

You can download the full service package for the YCV-40 from the Yorkville website. You will see that the transistor in the B+ rail is the standby switching.

Comment

Early YCV40

If this is an very early YCV40 it may be missing a resistor and you will have repeat failure of the cap ! One of those crossed my path once .

Comment

Well, it working alot better now. I did the Taynor suggested circuit upgrades. High Voltages are back though I suspect it was a bad solder joint on the IRF 830 B+ regulator.

Now the only issue is after playing it for a bit say 5-10 minutes it belches out a loud .HUMMM. I've been testing the pre/loop out and they sound fine. Ever experience that rude honk?

thanks. guitarist

Comment

Working...
        X