Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PEAVEY - Rage 12 Watt - Problem

Hi,
    I have a Peavey rage 12 watt amp and a schematic which I have attached however, the schematic is similar but not the same. Does anybody have the coresponding schematic for this amp? The amp is making a buzzing noise, would anyone be able to help me with this?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

What exactly does it say on the front of hte amp, and what exactly on the serial number plate? There were Rage, Rage transtube, Rage 108, Rage 158, Rage 158 transtube (TT), Rage 258, Rage III.

Buzz, like real loud? Is there DC voltage across the speaker? If so, replace the power amp IC.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Peavey Rage - on front
      SN 9A-Q4012753 89A - on the serial number plate
      TDA 2040 - power amp IC

Comment

So, is ther DC on the speaker leads?

Is this your schematic?
        Attached Files
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks Enzo.

Factory mistake.
          Attached Files

Comment

I wouldn;t worry too much about the parts being "wrong." If it used to work, then they were fine values. We look for parts being bad or connections oopen.

Comment

I bought the used amp and it hasn't even worked before. In the factory, by mistake they have built in resistor instead of a capacitor. Because of this the amp couldn't work. Thank you for the schematic since without it I couldn't have fixed it. So, it works now!

Comment

If that 'resistor' was a light green color, it was probably a capacitor - a small ceramic one. They use those all the time. It may have been a bad one, but the small caps look like resistors.

The pale green parts you have indicated on your photo are caps, not resistors. If you take them off the board and try to measure their resistance with an ohm meter, you will find them open.

They would not have installed a wrong part that far off, the amp wouldn;t pass QG checks.

Comment

Working...
                X