new CP audio pots <$1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new CP audio pots <$1?

Has anyone tried the (apparently newly offered) conductive plastic (100k cycle life) pots at Mouser? The company is BI Technologies Main Page and they have 16mm sizes in audio taper for 0.80 each. I am thinking of getting a few of the 858-P160KN0QC15B500K linear 500k
    858-P160KN-0QC15A1M audio 1M

since I can make these into any pot I need with parallel resistors.

cheap experiment...

Apparently, these are in the NEWEST Mouser catalog, which I haven't received yet. The current one expires at the end of July.

The BI Technologies pots LOOK a lot like Alpha's 16mm pots, in the same catalog, and which I have purchased ad nauseum. They have been very good and reliable. However, the rotational life cycle parameter is something to look at.

What is interesting to note is the availability of the hard-to-find 20K and 200K values, and the obvious absence of the common 25K and 250K values. Strange call, if you ask me.
    John R. Frondelli
    dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

this price for non-carbon element (conductive plastic) pots is unprecedented, something has gotta give....slave labor?

Comment

How have these panned out? I forgot to grab these pots in my last mouser order and I place another one along with some other parts in the near future.
        -Mike

Comment

Slave labor? I was buying 16mm pots for a lot less a long time ago. They pop out of a machine. They are not made one by one by someone squatting in an alley. My new Mouser book came a few days ago.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

umm everything cost a lot less a long time ago eh? Iff these conductive plastic element 100,000 cycle pots are of any quality, 80 cents is quite the bargain in this day and age.

Just got the 500k and 1M audio, as well as some dual 100k linear ones for my Elliott Sound Products preamp, as Mr. Elliott includes a taper modifying resistor in his design. Will report back when I have some build data, taper info etc.

dual pots have odd sip layout

but....only 0.74 each!

Comment

Working...
            X