Vendor support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vendor support

I don't really want a steam of emails from every company I do business with, but I do appreciate the emails telling me when orders are received, when shipped, and when I ship, when received.

But today I got an email from Digikey telling me that a certain part I had ordered in the past from them was going obsolete from the manufacturer. ( A RAM of some sort) It was just a heads up in case I might want to add some to my stock in case. SInce I do not get regular sales email from them, it seemed genuine to me, as opposed to just more marketing crap.

I think I like it.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
    I think I like it.
    me too. I have always found digi-key to have great service.

Comment

I buy a lot of stuff from them, just because of 'little things' like this.

They are one of the few vendors I haven't had any issues ever with, and
      they are about the fastest shippers too.

Ken
      www.angeltone.com

Comment

I like Digikey well enough, but their product selection is very limited for my needs. SO I use Mouser and Allied much more. I rarely have trouble with either of them either.

Digi has a lot of caps from a few vendors. So I often find large value snap ins there that I don't elsewhere, for example. But when I want MJ15xxx xstrs, it is Allied.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X