Ampeg V4B-AV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg V4B-AV

Powers up – volume drops after 15 min. then fluctuates. I've re-biased the outputs. They had been set to about 7 watts apiece. After I re-biased it I let it run for about two hours to make sure the tubes were stable. I also figured that would fix it. Gave it back to the music store I work for. They called and said it ain't workin' right yet. I'm thinking of taking a rubber mallet to it and just beating about the head and shoulders until it gives. Anybody got any other more humane ideas? I can't run it wide open into a speaker load without the police shutting me down. I'm open for obious or not so obvious suggestions. Thanks!

Did you orange stick it on the bench?

Comment

Ahh yesss. The internal rubber mallet. Thanks for the response. I shall give it its due abuse. And a re-slolder job. I'm thinking though of how to reproduce the effect of a vibrating cabinet at full power. Looks like both methods may be appropriate.

Comment

I'd suspect a tube, try some new ones and rid of that possibility first. Too many times have I scratched my head over an issue that turned out to be a tube.

Comment

Working...
        X