Baseplate Manufacturers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseplate Manufacturers?

Not very relavant to the discussions here, but does anyone know who, and perhaps where, humbucking pickup baseplates are manufactured?
    I'd love to find out because I think I could use a modified baseplate (no legs or screw holes but with different mounting hole setup) for some custom electrical wiring I do on new homes. I talked with a local shop, but they were not really into doing my stuff! Just an idea, I could probably use a piece of wood, but this would be much cleaner. Thanks!

Eddie

Hum,, you should try getting some sheet metal, and cut what ever sizes you need from that. Try 23 gauge. Not quite sure what your doing, sounds like custom wireing for in wall alarms and inwall stereo connections. The material is Nickle/silver, which I am told has no silver in it, but the Grounding properties are second to none. You may want something different, Maybe brass, aluminum, of nickle,,,,Pricey stuff for the N/S and nickle. Alot of stuff is made here in USA,china, whereever, and in the pickup world,sourcing the right material is everything. Big struggle..... I personally have been developeing different ways to punch the material properly, and in the basement with very minimal tooling, trying to eliminate the middle partys. You may find your project easier.....simply cutting and drilling with a drill press where you need the holes. This is simply too time consuming for pickup baseplates........ Good luck with your project..

Comment

NightWinder

You know, you got me thinking. I took some left over sheetmetal for a heating system (not real thick, but worked out ok). Cut it to size, bent up the edges on a makeshift break, put in some mounting holes, belt sanded rough edges, and hooked my interface to it. Perfect. I make my own interface for some custom wiring, and had just been taping it to the side of the panel, this is much cleaner looking.
      And I didn't have to have the hassle of having a piece made and ordering in quantities I will never be able to use.

Thanks!

Eddie R

Comment

Working...
      X