Fender Stage 100 DSp Intermittent Output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Stage 100 DSp Intermittent Output

I have a Febder Stage 100 DSP that will intermittantly not produce an output when powered ON. It powers ON like it is suppose to, just no output to the speakers. Most of the time it works fine, but sometimes when you turn the amp on there will be no output. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am an electronic technician with amplifier repair experience so please as technical as you wish to be.

Thanks,

DJ

fender

Iam not a pro but I would just check double your speaker wire and speaker ,input jack also when it acts up try putting a chord in the effects send to the effects return they could be getting dirty or bad.

Comment

Bad cutout contact on FX return or power amp in jacks.

And what Jam said.

If playing with the speaker leads doesn't show a symptom, and the speaker itself is not intermittant, and jumpering across the loop jacks is no help, then...

isolate the problem

PLug a signal into the power amp in jack (or FX return) when you fire it up. SOund come out like that? (Testing hte power amp). Likewise, plug a cable from the FX send or preamp out to another amp input to listen to what comes out of the preamp.

Chances are you will find your signal missing from one of these but not both.

And when I say FX return OR powr amp in, I don;t mean it as a choice. If the amp has both, try both.

If none of that helps, explain the symptom. Are the speakers utterly silent, or is there just no signal but ther is background sounds of life?

On the main board, look at the solder to EVERY large rectangular cement power resistor.

For that matter, apply signal, connect speaker, and probe everything on the board with a chopstick looking for something that responds.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the advise

Thanks guys. I haven't tried anything yet but I wanted to explain that this only happens at "power on". Most of the time the amp comes on like it is suppose to but sometimes there will be no sound. The ON light comes on so I know it is not the switch. I have already connected the amp to another speaker and it does the same thing so I know it is not the speaker wires. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks again.........

Comment

Working...
        X