Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Splitable humbucker in single coil format ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitable humbucker in single coil format ?

Hello,

I've decided lately to go out and sell my own pickups.
    I've a customer who is asking for some splitable humbucker for a bridge pickup that would fit into a single coil format (he doesn't want to route his guitar -Ibanez Blazer-).

For now, I am doing only a few models (Strat replacement, standard HB and P90) and I cannot offer him to go into such a customized product.
    BTW, I haven't had a look but I wonder if most of such designs are not patended...

Anyone making this kind of products here ? If so let me know and I will forward your info to the customer.

Incidentaly he would also like Tele replacement pickups ... which I am not making either

Let me know anyone: I'd be happy to give the job to someone here if possible.

Yves
    www.bourvonaudiodesign.fr

What is his purpose of having a SC sized humbucker splitable? Have he really thought that through? IMO the sound will be very thin, although I have not tried that yet. I will get a bunch of steel blades done in the very near future (next week as a mather of fact) so I will be able to try that out then (rail type SC sized HB). As for Tele pickups I make those, so does Spence (shed pickups) and David Barfüss (electricdaveboy on the forum). PM me if you need my assistance

Comment

Working...
    X