Boss DD-3 dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss DD-3 dead

I have a Boss DD-3 pedal that has expired. It will not pass even a dry signal to the output jack... the direct out passes a signal. The led lights up, but not signal either wet or dry comes from the output jack. I have checked for loose wire and bad solder connections, but can't find anything. Any suggestions?

With an output on the direct jack, you've only eliminated Q1 & Q2 from the list of possible bad devices. There's a lot going on in this pedal. Do you have a scope or an audio probe to start tracing audio through the circuits?
    ST in Phoenix

Comment

I am busy making an audio probe today...

Comment

Obviously, we want to go through the pedal starting from the input, but I'd be curious to have you check 1st on wires 11, 12, & 13. Those wires go from the PCB to the Feedback & Effect Level knobs. They are on the top edge of the PCB with the notch cutout. You will find the numbers on the PCB next to the wires.

That's just an easy place to check to see if audio is getting through most of the circuitry. If it's not there, then start at the beginning and trace the audio from chip to chip until it's not there anymore.

I've attached the schematic for the DD-2 & DD-3 pedals (they are the same service manual).
        Attached Files
        ST in Phoenix

Comment

Unfortunately I have the latest version of the DD-3 that has the double sided board and I can't find a schematic and layout for it...

Comment

Working...
          X