impedence rule of thumb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• impedence rule of thumb?

i recently purchaced a crate gt412st cab and valveking 100w tube head. what would be the proper omhs settings for this set up? the cab has a switch for 16/4 omhs mono and an 8 omhs stereo. the head has 16/8/4 switch with 2 speaker jacks that can be paralleled. i looked through threads and online to no avail. if the cab is supposed to be at 8omhs do i have to run 8omhs on head but as stereo on the cab. the 4/8 omhs setting is in same position on selector switch for the cab.if you can help me out i would appreciate it.thank you for your time.

Run the head in either 4 or 16 ohms, and use the matching setting on the cab. Since the 8 ohm setting on the cab is stereo, I wouldn't bother with it unless you're trying to drive it using two different heads.
    -Mike

Comment

would one selection be better than the other as far as performance and safety to components?

Comment

Originally posted by Skeet Bonham View Post
        would one selection be better than the other as far as performance and safety to components?
        No.
        But you may notice a subtle difference in sound. Choose what you like better.

Comment

Working...
        X