Peavey mace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey mace

I have a Peavey Mace in for service and i'm wandering what to do about the sheet of asbestos that is stapled to the back panel. I'm assuming it is asbestos, and its beggining to disintegrate. All advice will be gratefully received cos i'm a bit clueless on this.

You could wrap the entire back panel in three bin bags, throw it away, and make a new one.

Or you could wet the asbestos so it doesn't give off dust as you remove it from the back panel and replace it with a piece of aluminium sheet.

I wouldn't try to hoover up the bits, it could just spread asbestos dust around the place.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

I would contact Peavey and ask if that is asbestos sheeting or something else like glass fiber matting... er... glass fibre to you. email Gene Ford, he's a helpful guy. gford@peavey.com
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Conner View Post
        You could wrap the entire back panel in three bin bags, throw it away, and make a new one.

Or you could wet the asbestos so it doesn't give off dust as you remove it from the back panel and replace it with a piece of aluminium sheet.

I wouldn't try to hoover up the bits, it could just spread asbestos dust around the place.
        Spray it with clear lacquer-that's what the radio boys do when confronted with such things.

Comment

Thanks for the peavey man link. Luckily before i encased the whole thing in concrete and towed it out for dumping in the North sea, he assured me the "flame retardant material" was not asbestos. Phew!

Comment

And entire schools of cod thank you.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Or they would if we hadn't eaten them all.
              "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Working...
              X