Reverb Tank Suitable Replacement - Acc. Type 1 Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverb Tank Suitable Replacement - Acc. Type 1 Tank

From an Acoustic Control Corp. 230, one transducer coil has gone bad on the reverb tank Accutronics number 1BB1D1B. I am trying to find a suitable replacement for this tank which is 150 / 2250 ohms, and of the same size. The closest I could find is 4BB (same impedance, but long pan, won't fit in the chassis), and 8BB (short pan, but 190 / 2575). Will the 8BB one work? Grounding scheme is irrelevant, I can always change that. I tried ordering a custom type one, as well as replacement transducer, but Accutronics has been sold to Belton! I was thinking of also finding a 4BB and harvesting the transducer coil. I have never replaced a transducer coil though.

-----------------------------------------------------
    Darrell,

At this time we are not taking orders for the Accutronics Reverb and its repair parts as the Accutronics Reverb part of our business has been sold. We will be transitioning the business over to the new owner within the next couple of weeks. I also do not know what the new owners policies are with regards to selling the reverb and repair parts. You might try contacting Belton Engineering Co., LTD for more information as they are the new owner of the Accutronics Reverb

Regards,

Cal Shuett – Accutronics Reverb
    -----------------------------------------------------

Thanks!

Hate hearing that because we all are in serious reverb tank trouble. Those Beltons suck and not sure of the quality of what the new production of reberb pans will be but since the new Rosh ones came out there have been nothing but problems and if you try to find them now most suppliers tell you they are out because they don't want to deal with the headaches of returns but I bought a belton the other day and it is not very good and cheap but it was only $12. You're best bet is to go on EBAY and see what you can find.
    KB

Comment

Supply problems aside, yes that will work. This is not rocket surgery, the numbers are not critical at all. 190 is close enough to 150, and 2250 and 2575 are close enough together.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
        X