Acoustic 470 Guitar/Bass amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic 470 Guitar/Bass amp

Hi, Could anyone please help point me to a readable circuit diagram for the Acoustic 470. Amp has been out of action for a few years and i dragged it out of the shed to check out for restoration. Still have the original bass cab with 2 x 15" Celestions.
    Thanx

Check out this thread:
    http://music-electronics-forum.com/t14153/
    ST in Phoenix

Comment

Acoustic 470

Hi Phostenix, I checked this one and found it to difficult to read, even spent time with my brother in a pic program to bring it up but no luck. I'll keep searching. ( I did consider building a different power amp stage but would rather keep it original)
      Thanx

Comment

Are you having trouble reading it on screen with Acrobat Reader or when you print it? You could purchase the schematic from musicparts.com (their watermark is on the schematic). I have the Acoustic 370 set from them & it's very readable (split into two 8.5 X 11 pages). It also includes the service manual & parts list, etc.

$20 here (Paypal):
        Acoustic*Schematics
        ST in Phoenix

Comment

unicorn,

Check out this site unofficial acoustic control corp forum - Message Board - Yuku

If you need a schemo I can email you one - just went through one of these so ask away if you have questions.

Comment

Originally posted by gbono View Post
            ... just went through one of these so ask away if you have questions.
            Did you get that working?
            ST in Phoenix

Comment

Yes, the PA board had a few issues but what threw me for the longest loop was the fact that I used replacement covers on the output devices (TO-3's mounted on the back chassis panel) that kept the collectors from making contact!!! I'm very familar with the design of this amplifier now

Comment

What covers do the output transistors have? I have a 370 that will be my next project (& another one on the way) and it looks like your basic TO-3 socket. The 470 must have different mounts, so I'm curious.
                ST in Phoenix

Comment

check out this link and scroll down until you see real pictures of a 470 - can't miss the covers on the EXPOSED output transistors. You do not have the same mounting scheme on a 370.

GuitarHeadOrBassHead470 < Acoustic < Wiki

Comment

Interesting. I'm not familiar with those covers.
                    ST in Phoenix

Comment

I have the ones that work: 1 of the screw holes is 1/8", so the screw head keeps it firm, but does not touch the TO3 metal , and the other is slightly over 1/4", so the head slips through and makes contact with the case.
                      Haven't used them for ages.
                      That 470 is a mighty fine amp, but please *always* use the Guitar/Bass switch on "guitar". All it does is place a treble-killing choke in series with the speaker, muddying the sound innecessarily.
                      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Acoustic 470 SM

Here is the service manual.
                        I got it from MusicParts.
                        I workrd on one of these a while back.
                        A real rats nest.
                        Enjoy.
                        John G
                        Attached Files

Comment

re 470 Acoustic

A big thank you for the info. I have taken out the output board and drawn my own version of the Power Amp stage and have posted it on KENLINX - bbs.webhop.net. I have now repaired the amp to its former glory and the sound is awesome. We had been using a 250 Watt Jap amp with one 15" and two 10". The Acoustic 470 leaves it for dead.
                          Cheerz

Comment

Remember 476

Unicorn,

Just read about your 470, glad to know it's working!
                            I just wanted to say what a great bass amp you have there. I had one with the 2-15 406 cab also. Played a j-bass through it in a rock band. A great sound and "fun to mess with" controls. When I listen to the recordings of my band from that time, late 70's, It makes me wonder why I sold the amp! Sounds like you'll enjoy yours too.

Brad

Comment

470 Rig

Thanks Mate, I'm actually a guitar player who likes to have a jam on bass occasionally. I have an old '69 Les Paul bass that sounds almost like a double bass through the Acoustic 470 (awesome). Our bass player now uses the 470, won't even look at the other thing he used to use.
                              Many Cheerz

Comment

Working...
                              X