peavy vypyr 15 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peavy vypyr 15 problem

hi i bought a peavy vypyr 15 watt amplifier a few months back and my girlfriends dad brought it over to australia from America for me yesterday and i have plugged it in and everything works except the master volume. some sound comes through but it is really quiet and when i turn the master volume it doesnt make a difference i was wondering if anyone knew why this was or how it can be fixed? i am running it through a 240V>120V power transformer(converter).

p.s the guitar is fine it works on my other amp.

If it was bought new, there may be some warranty coverage available, even though it is now overseas. I would contact customer service at Peavey here in the USA, and see if there is any help they can give you. Your US warranty may have no force in AUstralia, but they might be willing to grant warranty coverage as a courtesy. At worst, they say no to you.

I forget the sequence, but there is a re-initialization procedure - hold a couple buttons down while powering up. They can tell you. it might just need that. it may also be in the owners manual - which you can download from the PV web site - under restore factory settings or something similar.

And if there is something actually wrong with it, then I start thinking about cracked or pushed in controls and cracked solder.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

thanks mate ill give all that a go!

Comment

Working...
      X