Who makes the best lipstick pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who makes the best lipstick pickup?

I want to swap out the stock pickups from a Danelectro 56-U3 for something with a little more output (they all measure 3.5k, don't know the magnet material or winding wire). Does anyone have any experience with the Seymour Duncan or Kent Armstrong replacements?

I don't know where Jerry Jones is getting his lipsticks but all of the ones I've heard sounded great.

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
      I don't know where Jerry Jones is getting his lipsticks but all of the ones I've heard sounded great.
      They make their own pickups and they don't offer them for sale unfortunately, at least that's what it says on their website.....

Comment

I've got some Duncan custom shop ones.....they're very good and vintage correct with alnico 6 magnets, however they took a long time to get to me and there were other complications, mostly due to a misunderstanding MJ at the custom shop had about what I needed, and Duncan having a hard time sourcing the A6 magnets. Had to have Wolfe send them some (thanks again Wolfe). No biggie though. I have a set in my DC3, and a custom lipstick for Strat set in a Strat, both with alnico 6 magnets.

The Kent Armstrongs aren't vintage correct with alnico 6 magnets, but I hear they do sound good. The Jerry Jones stuff is great, but no individual sale.

Greg

Comment

Working...
        X