Where to buy soft iron in europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Total Damage View Post
    Hi guys I'm new to the forum but seen the question asked about iron, i only use pure iron to make slugs and keepers. Iron has more magnetic lines per square inch than steel and the end product is a more responsive humbucker........it's also ready available in the U.K. It's a bit expensive but worth it when you hear the end result.... Hi all by the way I'm Raymond and pleased to meet you.
    Hi Raymond

As I started this post could you let me know where you get your pure iron from in the uk.

Cheers

Andrew

Comment

Hi Andrew, checkout pureiron.com you may have to email Don to get access to the pricelist, where are you from if it's the uk their carriage is a bit pricey but you can arrange your own courier....... They will sell your sheets of 300x300x3 great for making keepers and pure iron bar for slugs......let me know how you get on, ps are you using a cnc winder I think I seen you name on an other forum lately. Regards Raymond.

Comment

Hi Andrew, checkout pureiron.com you may have to email Don to get access to the pricelist, where are you from if it's the uk their carriage is a bit pricey but you can arrange your own courier....... They will sell your sheets of 300x300x3 great for making keepers and pure iron bar for slugs......let me know how you get on, ps are you using a cnc winder I think I seen you name on an other forum lately. Regards Raymond.
        Hi Raymond
        Thanks for the reply. I'm living in Austria but from England. I do use a cnc winder for humbuckers (one of the first ones from cncdudez https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye_pUOLggMM) Sean made me a smaller version at the time which is the one in the video and it's been working fine since then. I believe he's updated the winder and now makes a smaller winder for pickup makers.

Cheers

Andrew

Comment

Hi Andrew, yes I seen your name on his forum I use the mini coil winder great piece of kit. I Seen on another tread somebody asked for help on script writhing, was it you and or do you need any help .........I'm more than happy to help and more.........to help people script writing on these machines...it's amazing what equations you can apply in excel.

Comment

Hi Andrew, yes I seen your name on his forum I use the mini coil winder great piece of kit. I Seen on another tread somebody asked for help on script writhing, was it you and or do you need any help .........I'm more than happy to help and more.........to help people script writing on these machines...it's amazing what equations you can apply in excel.
            Hi Raymond
            Thanks for the offer. I haven't gone down the script writing road with the winder, although it does look interesting. Sean made me a hand guider/controller with potentiometer that I can guide the feeder by hand and save the movements into the software, sort of cnc scatterwinding? I haven't had much time to use this as i'm fairly busy with guitar repairs.

Cheers

Andrew

Comment

Working...
            X