fluke 97

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fluke 97

good or bad idea? im looking to buy an oscilloscope and am not sure what to get other than 20mhz or better and dual channel. Any suggestions?

$1200 bucks? Ouch! You're paying alot for the portability.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

I work in two different shops, and the scopes are a 20 mhz Leader, and a tektronix 565 I think. If you can get one used for less than 1 or 2 hundred dollars, I would go that route.

Now when I worked on Medical equipment, we had state of the art equipment which included a (late 1980's price) $5000 scope. It was used to display multiple waveforms and to accurately display the leading and falling edge of clock pulses.

I really wanted to comment on loudthuds lethal voltage warning.
      A long time ago, I opened up an older Ampeg amp that had been sitting on the shelf for about a week. Never plugged it in. I had both my hands in there when ZAP!
      I pulled back knowing I had been shocked, I took my voltmeter and measured between the two points and it showed 512 volts.

The worst shocks come from the pasture fence, at around 10000 volts.

Comment

Yes, i know ampegs are especially dangerous. I make sure to discharge the caps. I just saw a fluke 97 on craigslist for not too much money, but i just won a tektronix 2225 on ebay for 50 bucks. guess I need probes now.

Comment

Working...
        X